Goldhawk Associates are working with a small established regional Firm of Accountants who are looking to appoint an Accounts Manager to their team. You will be an ACCA/ACA qualified accountant with relevant experience with a proven career in accountancy. You will be working to support their client base which consists of HNI and owner managed businesses. Based near West Malling this opportunity can offer you the opportunity to further your academic studies if you are interested in gaining your CTA exams as support will be given. They are looking for someone who has experience in personal and corporation tax, financial reporting, general year end accounting, management accounting, reconciliations, and processing VAT, etc. Reporting into the Senior Accounts Manager you will be an integral part of the team and will support and mentor the more inexperienced member so the team.
This role would suit an experienced qualified accountant, you will work within this small but established team, you will gain exposure to a varied client base, and will be engaging directly with clients so good communications skills are key.
You will be responsible for:
• Developing strong relationships with, and providing a primary point of contact for clients daily for accountancy and tax queries
• Sound knowledge of bookkeeping/double entry systems and journal entry
• Processing of quarterly VAT returns, management accounts, year-end accounts, and account reconciliations
• Assisting with the tax return compliance process – collating, preparing, submitting, and reviewing individual and company tax returns for final preparation and submission of accounts
• Dealing with Inland Revenue and Company House queries
• Attending meetings with clients
• Providing analysis and forecast financial reporting; such as advising of potential issues, trends, and improvements
• Assisting Senior Accounts Manager with client documentation workflow to ensure all deadline dates are met
• CCH Job Management
• Assisting with the management and training of our Accounts Junior
Key skills required:
• To hold either ACCA or ACA qualification
• Working understanding of corporation and personal tax
• Knowledge of different accounting packages i.e. Sage, CCH, Quickbooks, Xero
• Use of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
• Good organisational abilities including prioritising workloads to deal with multiple tasks and deadlines
• The ability to deliver high quality documents
• Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
Salary c£35,000-£40,000 per annum (depending on experience).
Hours: 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday 8.45am to 4.45pm
28 Days Annual leave, including bank holidays plus Christmas to New year shut down
Full driving licence required
The option of a study package for the CTA qualification.
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications currently being received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Goldhawk Associates are working with an international firm of accountants who are looking to appoint a Supervisor/Assistant Manager to their...Apply For This Job
Goldhawk Associates are working to support a Top 20 Firm in Kent to appoint a Corporate Finance Executive. If you...Apply For This Job
Job Opportunity: Tax Manager, Employment tax and share schemes Kent, Competitive salary and benefits Goldhawk Associates are currently supporting a...Apply For This Job