Based in Medway, Kent, my client is a well-established firm of Chartered Accountants specialising in providing audit, accountancy, and tax services to small/medium enterprises, family businesses, and the not-for-profit sector throughout the South East. They are looking to appoint an Audit & Accounts Manager; this role will play an integral part of the firm and you will work to support the Partners focused on the continued management and growth of the Firm’s core services. they have a broad client base and have a strong presence in the Kent market with multiple offices based in the region. You will have experience in managing and motivating a team, demonstrate previous portfolio management expertise, and general accounts and taxation experience as well as the ability to manage both small and larger audits.
You must be ACA, ACCA Qualified with strong technical experience and effective communication skills with solid post-qualification experience. If you are currently at an assistant manager looking to progress or manager level, looking for a new role, then this role may well be the opportunity for you.
This firm can offer you development prospects within a very professional and friendly working environment where CPD and staff well-being are a very important part of the practice. For the right candidate, there will be the opportunity for development for the right person in due course.
You will be responsible for managing a portfolio of clients that includes:
• Resource planning and scheduling, working within budget and deadlines
• Dealing with client queries and billing.
• Manage relationships with external and internal stakeholders
• Managing the complete audit and accounts process
• Planning audit assignments
• General accountancy and tax preparations including compliance and advice for sole traders, partnerships, and limited companies
• Managing a team of staff and training/assisting more junior staff
• Reviewing work of audit and accounts staff
• Able to engage with clients and other staff members, working alone or as part of a team
• ACCA or ACA Qualified
• Ability to build client relationships and assist partners in securing new business leads and identify opportunities for promoting additional services
• Being self-motivated and ambitious
• Experience in general practice, with a good knowledge of accounting standards for all size entities and the charities SORP will also be beneficial.
• Ideally you will be proficient in Xero, Sage, and QuickBooks
In turn the firm offers hybrid working and progression
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications currently being received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Assistant Audit & Accounts Manager – AGILE/FLEXIBLE WORK PATTERN OFFERED (can be a combination of office and home-based) and can...Apply For This Job