Goldhawk Associates are working with a reputable firm of accountants who are looking to appoint an Audit Manager to their team. This role is based in Canterbury and they are looking ideally for a qualified ACA accountant with previous experience of working with a varied client base and staff supervision. They are looking for someone to manage specific Audit clients and workflow, providing high quality client service experience whilst ensuring adherence to individual job budgets and maximum fee recovery.
Your role will be to provide a high quality client service experience for audit clients whilst managing budgets and supporting the team. You will work closely with the senior leadership team and provide technical expertise for both internal stakeholders and clients. Developing relationships and selling services will be a large part of this role so you must be comfortable networking and working with clients and peers.
● Ensure the planning, prioritising, and allocation of all relevant client audit work ensuring effective team workflow
● Ensure establishment of scope and budget for each piece of client audit work under own control and ensure adequate briefing to team members
● Ensure full agreement from the client for audit work to be undertaken and communicate likely fees before commencement to maximise fee recovery
● Ensure full implementation of all client audit work in line with agreed budget ensuring adherence to the firms standards of performance document, with completed audited accounts ready for R.I. review & sign off
● To proactively look for ways to maximise audit efficiency
● Develop working across the service line in a technical or sector role
● Monitor work progress and ensure appropriate levels of communication with all clients and internal stakeholders on progress for each key task or phase
● Ensure proactive management of instances where the work performed’ exceeds the agreed client fee and ensure agreement of a mutually acceptable outcome
● Ensure preparation of bills for own client audit work done and ensure they are sent to the client in a timely manner
● Research and seek to resolve issues for upward communication in more complex clients or higher risk aspects of audit work
● Run regular workflow meetings to prioritise work and to ensure deadlines are met, maximum work is on track
● Provide support to Senior managers and Directors for internal & external recruitment of new Audit service line team members at the assistant manager level and below
● Oversee professional development of audit team members
● Continue to build own network of intermediaries, seek to generate referrals from own client base, and convert prospects into new clients
You will be a qualified ACA accountant with previous management experience. The firm offers a flexible benefits package, hybrid working, 25 days annual leave, and pension. There are development prospects and they support and encourage this with ongoing training.
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications currently being received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
My Client, an established firm of accountants, based in mid-Kent, is looking to appoint due to the growth and success...Apply For This Job
Goldhawk Associates are working to support a progressive and growing Accountancy firm based in North Kent and they are looking...Apply For This Job