Goldhawk Associates are currently supporting a local specialist Firm of Accountants in East Kent who is looking to appoint a bookkeeper/payroll administrator to work within their outsourcing team. The firm prides itself on their service provision and have a varied client base within the South East. They are known for their quality service provision, reliability, and integrity. Based in a historic village and have a far-reaching reputation within their specialist field. This role would suit an experienced bookkeeper/payroll specialist who is confident and a good communicator to work to service their clients in providing all-around outsourcing services. This role is client engaging so it is key that you are comfortable in working directly with clients and can think outside of the box to identify and understand the client’s needs. Experience of Xero, Sage, Key accounts, and BrightPay would be ideal.
Bookkeeping from source documentation, including:
– Purchase invoice posting
– Sales invoice creation and posting
– Credit control
– Paying suppliers
– Bank reconciliations
– General ledger journals
– Month end journals such as prepayments, accruals, and wages
• Accurately prepare VAT Returns under different VAT schemes
• Preparation of accounts up to trial balance, including reconciliation of all key balance sheet nominals
• Ensure all clients payrolls are processed accurately and that payslips, statutory returns, and reports are produced and validated in the agreed timeframe
• Ensure compliance with statutory and pension scheme requirements
• Implementing new starter information and HMRC tax notifications
• Processing leavers; including last payment calculations and creating P45’s
• Monthly PAYE liability reconciliation
• Producing and despatching employee tax documents
• Producing and sending HMRC Real Time Information and Pension electronic files
• Auto-enrolment pensions setup and processing
Ideally, this role would suit a part or fully AAT or CIMA qualified, with previous experience in either industry or practice as a bookkeeper and payroll administrator or with similar.
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications currently being received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.