Multiple Job Opportunities: Corporate Tax Manager, Senior Manager/ Director, Competitive salaries, and benefits
Goldhawk Associates is currently supporting a Top 20 Firm based in Kent that is looking to appoint a Corporate Tax Manager and a Senior Manager or Director to work in their Kent office tax team. Working closely with the tax partners and directors and will manage the delivery of Corporate Tax services to their Kent client base which ranges from family businesses, entrepreneurial and innovative small and medium businesses to quoted groups. You should be qualified ACA/CTA (or equivalent) with relevant, practical corporation tax experience. You will be expected to use your initiative and work as part of a team, liaising with other tax specialists, audit, and corporate finance colleagues.
You will be responsible for developing and managing the employment tax relationship with clients. Leading work and being actively involved in the provision of advisory projects to clients (both proactively and reactively), including clients of other departments and offices. Reporting directly to tax partners and directors you will be required to identify opportunities to take additional services to clients and contacts. Working as a manager you will lead and support business development initiatives and take responsibility for the financial performance of your client /project work.
This is an exciting time as the firm has reached a point in the maturity of its tax offerings and sophistication of its client needs that it should create a specialist area focused on transfer pricing. They are keen to find someone at the Senior Manager/Director level who is keen to be involved in this area and look to develop the transfer pricing offering nationally within the firm. This will involve new work generation and business development, providing advice to existing and new clients on their transfer pricing approach, if UK based, overseas operations or are looking to expand overseas or into the UK.
This will include reviewing and advising on updates required to client’s transfer pricing processes, particularly in light of HMRC new master, local file requirements and proposal for a summary audit trail (SAT) in due course. Reviewing transfer pricing as part of the audit work on larger mid-tier and larger corporates. Supporting on transfer pricing matters as part of transaction and DD project work and advising on debt / interest deductibility particularly for private equity investments. You will also be responsible for providing risk and governance health check reviews to provide clients with comfort / identify risk areas and opportunities within their transfer pricing/supply chain structure.
Due to the business requirements, they are all looking to appoint at the Manager level to provide full time support to this role so there is scope for someone at the Manager level to also get involved in this provision.
You must be technically able to deliver transfer services across a broad range of areas, these may include the following:
• Advising mid-tier and multi-national corporates on their transfer pricing policies, strategies and documentation. Including preparation of local and master files.
• Reviewing and advising on supply chain structures and the tax implications of group operations
• Advising on functional analysis and appropriate transfer pricing methodologies
• Benchmarking and the preparation of transfer pricing agreements
• Transfer pricing work as part of transaction and due diligence projects
• Advice on debt / interest deductibility as part of private equity or property transactions
• Risk and governance diagnostic reviews to identify risk areas and opportunities
• HMRC enquiry support
• Audit support on transfer pricing for large mid-tier and larger corporate audit clients
You will be responsible for:
• Developing and leading the transfer pricing relationship across our local and national client base which will include owner managed businesses, larger or more complex UK and international groups.
• Leading and overseeing the preparation of transfer pricing documentation, local and national files
• Leading work and being actively involved in the provision of advisory projects to clients (both proactively and reactively), including clients of other departments and offices.
• Acting as one of the primary UK liaison people on transfer pricing with the firm’s Global network
• Proactively identifying opportunities to take additional services to clients and contacts.
• Leading and supporting business development initiatives to win new work and clients.
• Taking primary responsibility for financial performance on your client and project work.
• Considering and managing risk in all interactions with clients.
• Showing a sense of urgency and understanding of how the delivery of work (including speed, attention to detail, and quality) impacts the Firm’s ability to serve clients.
You will be ACA/CTA or equivalent qualification essential. Have significant transfer pricing experience in advisory and compliance projects. Be passionate about providing client services. Be able to demonstrate a track record of developing new work and display an energy and enthusiasm and a focus on achieving results.
These roles offer flexible working and progression opportunities. They are looking for a strong, technically capable corporate tax specialist who can work well and proactively within a professional team environment and who can add value. The firm offers hybrid working and excellent development opportunities alongside a positive culture that supports work-life balance.
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications currently being received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.