An established specialist manufacturer are in the market for a new Finance Director to run their Finance & I.T functions. Owned by a listed overseas business, they are very secure with an impressive EBITDA figure for an SME.
It is essential that you are a FLUENT JAPANESE SPEAKER and would particularly suit a current Financial Manager / Controller with exposure to FP&A as well as systems enhancement work who is looking to take their first FD role. The role will be 50% office based with the remainder working from home
The role will act as business partner to the Managing Director, Operations Director, Sales Director, R&D Director and Factory Manager, providing financial acumen towards the Company’s overall strategy in order to promote sustainable growth and wealth creation.
• Ensure Company Systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth.
• Ensure management accounts and financial analysis is provided in a timely and efficient manner.
• Review financial processes and make changes to create efficiency savings whilst also improving internal control environment.
• Oversee audit process and provide technical expertise for production of financial statements.
• Ensure corporate budgeting process is provided in a timely manner and that it is reviewed on a regular basis. Ensure any major variances to budget are communicated within the Company and to the Parent Company.
• Provide Treasury Management expertise. Monitor cashflow needs of the business and invest surplus funds appropriately to maximise return. Ensure exchange rate risk is minimised through natural hedging. Managing funding for capital investments.
• Provide regular updates on financial performance and position.
• Provide commercial input into the senior leadership team through a combination of Analytical Review and sound business acumen.
• Able to evaluate return on investment of new products being developed to maximise growth potential
• Able to evaluate profitability of Product Sales Mix and Regional Sales Mix in order to formulate business strategy
• Work with HR Manager to develop overall HR Strategy to build and strengthen the staff. Create strong HR environment so that all employees are aware of the corporate values’ and actively work towards them.
• Create IT infrastructure which ensures employee production is maximized but also protects the company’s intellectual property.
• Confidence and gravitas to communicate with Senior Management.
• Passionate, energetic and driven to succeed.
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications currently being received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.