Our client, a not for profit organisation based in North Kent, is currently looking to recruit a Financial Accountant. The main focus of this role is the responsibility for the delivery of year-end financial accounts and assist with the external statutory audit, reconciliation of the group and subsidiary balance sheet control accounts, production of management reports, assistance with projects and costings and line management of 2 team members. Your key duties will include:
– Preparation and submission of year end statutory accounts and consolidated group accounts under Charities SORP (FRS102)
– Liaise with external auditors and provide audit support as required
– Review & implementation of previous audit recommendations
– Provide timely, accurate and reconciled accounting information for the group to support the production of management information, financial statements, budgets and forecasts
– Reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis and clean-up of ledgers prior to accounts preparation
– Provide support and advice on accounting issues to operational staff
– Provide accurate and timely analysis to stakeholders to support decision making
– Provide project support and costings and participate in project group meetings to ensure full understanding of the business and requirements
– Support with business case input and reviews post implementation
– Drive process improvements and efficiencies through system changes/implementation
– Ensure that VAT, tax and statutory returns are submitted on time
The ideal candidate will possess strong reconciliation and consolidation experience as well as excellent organisational and communication skills.
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications currently being received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org