This is an excellent opportunity for an ACA/ACCA Qualified Accountant to join a niche organisation based in South Kent. Ideally you will be working in practice and looking to make the move to industry, You will be working alongside the Director of Finance who will act as a mentor and help you develop. Your key responsibilities will include:
– Oversee all accounts and investments
– Prepare monthly management accounts
– Assist in the preparation of the annual year-end financial statements
– Assist in the preparation of the annual budget
– Co-ordinate the payroll function
– Ensure compliance with relegation legislation
– Prepare and submit VAT returns
– Manage the finance team budget
– Continuously improve the finance department
– Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed and reported in a timely and accurate manor
– Manage and report on cash flow
– Develop and document financial processes to maintain and strength internal controls
– Liaising with external and internal auditors, insurance brokers, investment advisors, HMRC, bankers and pension providers.
– Assist in the cost modelling of new and existing services
– Assist the Director of Finance in presenting reports to senior executives, stakeholders and Board members
– Assist budget holders in understanding their management accounts and provide training where necessary
– Attend and participate as an active member of the Senior Leadership Team.
– Deputise for the Director of Finance in their absence
– Take responsibility for the day to day management of staff and resources to ensure that the service achieves key targets and objectives
The successful candidate will be proactive, process driven with strong system skills.
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications currently being received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Goldhawk Associates are working to support a Top 20 Firm of Accountants in Maidstone who are looking to appoint a...Apply For This Job