A Sizeable Facilities business are in the market for an autonomous Financial Controller to manage a large team within their Kent office.
• Management, supervision, motivation, retention, training and recruiting of Finance Department (c15) staff) with 4-5 direct reports.
• Ensure that corporate balance sheets are submitted to Group and are timely, accurate and consistent with that provided by the Business Partners
• Maintain KPIs on corporate balance sheet as required
• Ensure all high importance balance sheet reconciliations are reconciled and filed monthly
• Ensure all other balance sheet reconciliations are reconciled and filed quarterly.
• Ensure central overheads, capex and group charges are accounted for correctly.
• Support the heads of department understand their costs and variances to budget/forecast and provide accurate forecasts of full year expenditure.
• Assist and challenge the departments in their production of budgets, forecasts, business plans and costs saving initiatives.
• Ensure rebates are accounted for appropriately.
Statutory & Compliance
• Preparation of statutory accounts for all group companies and submission of tax computations within required timescales.
• Ensure that the statutory accounts reflect the best view of all the companies’ results, whilst being in accordance with accounting standards.
• Tax compliance – VAT, CIS, PAYE, NI , Corporation Tax, P11D, PSA
• All other UL regulatory requirements are met, e.g. ONS, Gender Pay, Payment Practices, CITB
• Maintain a good relationship with the clearing bank and minimise bank charges and net interest payable.
• Ensure that treasury controls are in place and payments are approved in line with delegated authorities.
• Manage the corporate credit cards and ensure they are used in line with policy and only provided to individuals approved to do so by the Group CFO.
• Maintain a constructive and good working relationship with external auditors, HMRC, tax advisors. Ensuring that information reasonably requested is provided in a timely fashion and queries resolved.
• Ensure that the Business Partners and the Businesses receive the financial service and support required in terms of quality, timeliness and accuracy.
Finance Systems, Procedures and Processes
• Manage, develop and continuously improve the finance processes and procedures and ensure there is an active Finance Systems strategy to develop the Finance System capability.
• Ensure effective anti-fraud procedures are in place, maintained and updated.
• Finance System, Administration
• Participate or lead other projects as required by the CFO, Group FD or other EXCO members.
You will be ACA / ACCA / CIMA Qualified with 10 years PQE
Experience of managing a team of 10+ staff
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications currently being received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
My client based in Folkestone, is looking for an Assistant Management Accountant to join them on a permanent basis. Providing...Apply For This Job
We are currently working in partnership with a forward thinking company based in West Kent who due to impressive growth...Apply For This Job