My client, a highly successful SME based in Surrey, is looking to recruit a progressive Management Accountant. Reporting to the Financial Controller you will be responsible for the production of monthly management accounts and supervising the finance team. Key duties will include:
– Monthly revenue, cost analysis and investigation of variances against forecast and/or budget
– Monthly reconciliation of key balance sheet accounts
– Assist in preparation of financial budgets and forecasts
– Assist with preparation of other management accounting information as required
– Ensure that all sales invoices are raised in line with customer contracts and that the revenue is coded to the correct Nominal Ledger Accounts
– Ensure that supplier invoices are checked against Purchase Orders and checking the correct Nominal Ledger codes have been applied
– Ensure that costs of sales are attributed accurately so that gross margin per sale can be computed. Identifying any discrepancies and correcting as necessary
– Cash management including review of bank transactions, review of bank reconciliations and production of monthly cash flow forecast
– Ensure all Corporation Tax and HMRC payments are made on a timely basis and correctly accounted for
– Ensure that VAT is correctly coded and accounted for and responsibility for the production of the VAT return quarterly and the EC Sales List monthly
There is the opportunity for career development and to progress into the Financial Controller role. The successful candidate will be ACA, ACCA or CIMA Qualified with strong Excel skills and a proactive approach.
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications currently being received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
School Leaver/Graduate Trainee role in Accountancy I am supporting a large innovative and modern firm of accountants based near Tunbridge...Apply For This Job