We are currently working with a large and forward thinking organisation in North Kent who are looking to recruit a Payroll Accountant. Reporting to the Financial Controller you will be responsible for the maintenance, reconciliation and reporting of all payroll related records in accordance with statutory and Group policy.
Key duties will include;
– Review monthly payroll transactions using HR and Payroll systems to validate changes to employee records ensuring adherence to statutory and company procedure
– Co-ordinate payment requests, enabling the payment of payroll deductions to the appropriate third parties in accordance with legislative deadlines
– Act as the focal point for all internal and external payroll related queries and communication including providing supporting information to internal and external auditors
– Maintain the expenses system ensuring any staff changes are reflected. Analysis and review of monthly expenses
– Prepare monthly payroll journals and interface to accounting ledger. Reconcile all pay elements, employment costs and headcount reporting to the ledger each month
– Complete and maintain pension records of all members of pension schemes using third party interfaces with pension providers
– Prepare monthly management accounts, budgets & forecasts and year-end employment disclosures for all employment costs and headcount reporting
– This role will liaise between the Finance and HR teams for all reporting requirements. This includes proactively working with the HR budget holder and preparing annual budgets and monthly forecasts for analysis against actual results, challenging operating costs and seeking operational efficiencies
– Maintain and update control manuals, procedure documents and process maps, ensuring sound financial disciplines and controls are incorporated, implemented and regularly stress-tested
– Provide support and assistance to any HR and Payroll system upgrades
The successful candidate will possess strong reconciliation skills, detailed knowledge of payroll administration, including a good understanding of the interfaces with HR & Payroll systems as well as financial ledger systems all supported by significant practical experience.
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications currently being received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
An exciting position has recently come in for a German speaking accountant to join a successful and growing organisation in...Apply For This Job
My client a leading family run organisation based on the outskirts of Swanley are looking to recruit a Head of...Apply For This Job
Goldhawk are currently working with a Bexley based firm of accountants who are looking for an Accountant/Senior Accountant. This appointment...Apply For This Job