Goldhawk Associates are working with a firm of accountants who are looking to appoint to their specialist payroll team. These roles care based in Southeast Kent, and they are looking for a payroll assistant, payroll senior and assistant payroll manager, all roles require previous experience of working within practice or bureau payroll in a busy payroll department. You will be friendly and have a proactive approach and work well within a team to support in delivering payroll services to their clients.
• Ideally you will have a minimum of 2 years previous payroll experience and you will be working within a team who are responsible for a portfolio of payroll clients and associated payroll workflow of the team, whilst supporting senior colleagues across all payroll job requirements. You will be providing a high-quality client service experience whilst ensuring adherence to individual job budgets and maximum fee recovery, This is a team-based role so it is essential that you can communicate well with both internal and external stakeholders and be able to work independently. You will be supported. Experience of Iris Star Payroll, Xero payroll would be beneficial and depending on your level of experience if you hold CIPP Payroll Technician Certificate or equivalent or CIPD HR qualification this would also be beneficial.
Depending on your level of experience, you will be responsible for:
• WIP Posting, general WIP queries.
• Client monthly data requests, reviewing client data for completeness.
• Monthly/Weekly payroll processing.
• Client basic payroll email enquiries.
• Accurately complete weekly timesheets.
• Participate in regular team meetings.
• Admin tasks as required.
• Adhere to Payroll team KPIs.
• Support the planning, prioritising and allocation of all relevant client payroll work
• Processing payroll during peak times, delegate client work during periods of normal demand
• Review all payroll processing work of team for accuracy and completeness prior to issuing to client
• Escalate more complex payroll areas and queries from self and team that require Manager assistance and input
• Ensure scope, timeline and budget for client payroll work is agreed
• Monitor work progress and ensure appropriate levels of communication with all clients and external stakeholders on progress for each key task or phase
• Review BACS accounts and ensure Direct Debits are accurate and up to date
• Quarterly review of client work, identify any examples where costs have exceeded agreed fees.
• Support write offs and agree to reruns of payrolls if requested and appropriate
• Support queries on bills and WIP reviews and support queries relating to WIP write offs and agreeing whether reruns are required
• Contribute to timely and accurate billing to clients
• Ensure sign off and authorisation of documents and returns is completed by a partner/director
• Supervise seniors, semi seniors and assistants who are involved in processing of payroll work
• Liaising with Government bodies and external organisations such as HMRC
The firm offers a flexible benefits package, hybrid working, 25 days annual leave, and pension. There are development prospects, and they support and encourage this with ongoing training.
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications currently being received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.