I am currently supporting a client based in Mid Kent who is looking to appoint a Personal Tax Specialist to their team. This is a great training opportunity for an experienced tax professional with a background in practice to join one of the leading firms in the area. They are a prestigious national firm with local offices and this role would suit an ATT/CTA or qualified by the experienced tax accountant.
This role is a personal tax role and you will work supporting the tax team, contributing to the success of their service provision to their client base. You will interact with other areas within the Firm working collaboratively in sharing of client information and delivery of high-quality service.
You will be responsible for the preparation of, and supporting clients with their tax issues, looking after a portfolio, providing planning and advice to your client base. The Firm will support development and study depending on experience. The client would consider someone with a combined tax background or someone with a leaning towards the personal tax specialism.
• Request information from client or Audit/Accounts team
• Work through the information and assess the tax impact of each piece of information
• Prepare and generate tax returns using CCH tax software
• Send chasing letters to the client if required, address any queries
• Prepare a letter to the client, detailing liabilities and any tax saving opportunities
• Draft letter for review and make any necessary changes (where appropriate)
• Send letter and tax return to client for signature; log information sent and submit to HMRC
• Liaise with HMRC on clients behalf
• Inform client of tax liabilities; agree these to HMRC statement on account
• Prepare HMRC forms as appropriate (e.g. P35, P11D, etc.) and ensure all deadlines are met
• Prepare client bill (where appropriate)
• Coach junior staff on work delegated
• Identify tax planning opportunities as appropriate
• Assist on consultancy projects (where required)
• Carry out research projects (where appropriate)
2-3 Years’ experience is essential, and working knowledge of Excel, tax software, Word would be advantageous. Flexible working is available.
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications currently being received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Goldhawk Associates are working to support a progressive and growing Accountancy firm based in North Kent and they are looking...Apply For This Job
Goldhawk Associates are working to support a Top 20 Firm in Kent to appoint a Corporate Finance Executive. If you...Apply For This Job
I am currently working to support a client who is looking for someone to join their Indirect Tax/VAT Consultancy team....Apply For This Job