My Client, based in Kent, is looking to appoint an Audit Semi-Senior to their team. They are ranked within the Top Firms in the UK and have several offices in the Kent region. This role is to work within their mid-Kent office and they are looking for a strong Audit Semi- Senior to support all audit work for their not-for-profit client portfolio.
This role would either suit a Part-Qualified Accountant, to support the Partner; You will be responsible for providing audit solutions to their client base and need to be able to demonstrate proficient experience in audit planning, preparation of audit packs, completing sets of accounts, double-entry bookkeeping, the experience of Sage, Excel, Word, and Caseware.
The role will involve taking responsibility for running smaller jobs and depending on experience leading larger jobs, demonstrating technical competence, good client communication skills, and commerciality. You must be a team player and a team leader with the ability to work with a hands-on and can-do approach.
• Complete whole sections of the audit pack following their procedures and occasionally on smaller jobs act as a senior, delegate to juniors, and complete the whole file including notes/queries for Partner/Director/Manager
• Complete all substantive tests with minimal supervision, delegate some elements of testing to more junior members of staff where appropriate, and design specific tests if appropriate
• Prepare clear logical schedules, fully cross-referenced to supporting documentation and other sections of the audit file, ensuring that all amounts agree to lead schedules and the accounts
• Resolve simple queries and refer more complex issues to more senior members of staff
• Supervise more junior members of staff as appropriate, including checking their work and providing guidance as required
• Manage own time and that of any junior staff, recognising any problems at an early stage to ensure that jobs are completed within budget
• Review of junior staff work
• Complete stock takes and write up detailed notes and results
• Involvement in planning the audit on small jobs
• Complete audit review forms on juniors
You must be:
Part Qualified ACA or ACCA or similar or qualified by experience
Good working knowledge of SAGE, Xero
It is essential that you are mobile and have a full driving license and car. You will be required to travel within the region to the client’s premises (as deemed necessary) as well as other local offices. In turn, this role will offer you the opportunity to join a professional firm at an exciting time of growth and change. Flexible working is offered.
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications currently being received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Goldhawk Associates are supporting a firm of accountants based in the Weald of Kent who are looking to appoint an...Apply For This Job
Goldhawk Associates are working to support a progressive and growing Accountancy firm based in North Kent and they are looking...Apply For This Job
My client is a top tier firm based across the South East and they are looking to appoint to their...Apply For This Job
I am currently working to support a client who is looking for someone to join their Indirect Tax/VAT Consultancy team....Apply For This Job