I am currently supporting a client based in Mid Kent who is looking to appoint a Corporate Tax Specialist to their team. This is a great opportunity for an experienced corporate tax professional with a background in practice to join one of the leading firms in the area. They are a prestigious national firm with local offices and this role would suit an ATT/ACCA/ACA qualified accountant or a CTA qualified accountant – they will also consider someone who is a qualified by experienced tax accountant.
This role is a corporate tax role and you will work supporting the tax team, contributing to the success of their service provision to their client base. You will interact with other areas within the Firm working collaboratively in sharing of client information and delivering of high-quality service.
You will be responsible for effectively managing and carrying out the production of corporate tax returns and computations for a portfolio of audit and advisory clients. Assist in tax advisory projects across a range of audit clients and OMB’s.
• Control corporation tax compliance cycle for Kent’s corporate portfolio including the management of filings and payment deadlines.
• Integrate with Kent’s audit process to ensure that corporation tax computations are prepared which are sufficient to prepare tax provisions and disclosures in audit clients’ statutory accounts.
• Where appropriate the preparation of tax provisions and disclosures for inclusion in statutory accounts.
• Prepare and generate final corporation tax returns and computations using tax software (Alphatax – training available). This will include the tagging of clients’ accounts under iXBRL.
• Liaise with clients concerning their tax affairs including the preparation of advice in writing.
• Deal with HMRC enquiries into client’s tax affairs.
• Liaise with HMRC on the client’s behalf in respect of general matters.
• Take responsibility for ensuring that clients are billed for corporation tax compliance and advisory work on a timely basis.
• Coach junior staff where appropriate.
• Identify tax planning opportunities
Ideally, you will be either a newly qualified ACA/ACCA or CTA with at least 3 years in public practice, you can have an audit, audit and accounting on straight accounting background with a desire to move into corporation tax as a specialism. If you can demonstrate previous knowledge of a broad range of corporate tax issues this would be advantageous. Working knowledge of Excel, Alphatax, Word would be advantageous. Flexible working is available.
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications currently being received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Goldhawk Associates are working to support a Top 20 Firm in London that is looking to appoint a Supervisor/Assistant Manager...Apply For This Job
My client is a top tier firm based across the South East and they are looking to appoint to their...Apply For This Job
Goldhawk Associates are working to support a Top 20 Firm in London that is looking to appoint an Accounting &...Apply For This Job
An exciting opportunity has come up in the West Kent area for a Graduate Trainee VAT Consultant. This role offers...Apply For This Job