A leading financial services business is seeking a high calibre individual to join them as Group Head of Accounting Policy. The key purpose of this role is to be the Group’s accounting policy technical specialist, this will involve interacting with key stakeholders across the group. Main duties will include:
– Be the Groups’ subject matter expert on Accounting Policy applying to the Group’s activities
– Undertake technical accounting analysis on proposed corporate transactions
– Engage senior stakeholders to prepare and present accountancy policy matters and implications for business initiatives
– Work with support networks both to ensure appropriate level of governance on more complicated subjective areas of policy
– Own the development of the Group’s accounting policies ensuring that they are fully implemented
– Deliver an accounting policy change plan, influencing and educating others to gain their buy-in
– Lead the communication and embedding of accounting policies and requirements to Financial Control, Regulatory Reporting and Financial Planning functions
– Lead on projects as required working on ad hoc initiatives and opportunities
– Be the key senior contact for the internal and external auditors to ensure real time collective support on approach to given matters
– Undertake regular horizon scanning for changes to the applicable accounting frameworks in which the Group operates and advise the Executive and other key stakeholders accordingly
The role is fast paced joining a group that has a track record of realising opportunities. This is a key role within the Senior Finance Management team working with internal and external stakeholders driving forward initiatives.
The successful candidate will possess experience of technical accounting analysis within a financial services organisation or previous experience of working within a Top 20 UK accountancy firm in a financial services senior auditor or advisory role. You can be based in Kent or London.
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications currently being received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Our client, an international organisation based in West Malling, is looking to recruit an Assistant Management Accountant. Working closely with...Apply For This Job
An excellent opportunity has developed to work a construction company as their sole credit controller on a permanent basis. This...Apply For This Job
Our client, a growing business based in Medway, is looking to recruit an Assistant Management Accountant on a full-time basis....Apply For This Job